John Johnson's Tribute to Juneteenth 2015
150 Years of Freedom to Worship God is a theme in John's Johnson's poignant Juneteenth Salute art video interview.
Ironically his video and the book were created and published just days before nine lives were taken in the midst of worship.
The Charleston church shooting (also known as the Charleston church massacre) was a mass shooting, that took place at the Emanuel African Methodist Episcopal Church in downtown Charleston, South Carolina, United States, on the evening of June 17, 2015.
- Cynthia Marie Graham Hurd (54) – Bible study member and manager for the Charleston County Public Library system; sister of Malcolm Graham.
- Susie Jackson (87) – a Bible study and church choir member.
- Ethel Lee Lance (70) – the church's sexton.
- Depayne Middleton-Doctor (49) – a pastor who was also employed as a school administrator and admissions coordinator at Southern Wesleyan University.
- Clementa C. Pinckney (41) – the church's pastor and a South Carolina state senator.
- Tywanza Sanders (26) – a Bible study member; grandnephew of Susie Jackson.
- Daniel Simmons (74) – a pastor who also served at Greater Zion AME Church in Awendaw.
- Sharonda Coleman-Singleton (45) – a pastor; also a speech therapist and track coach at Goose Creek High School; mother of MLB prospect Chris Singleton.
- Myra Thompson (59) – a Bible study teacher.
John Johnson's 150th Juneteenth Collection documents some of the religious heritage of the African American. As you view the video you will see their passion, their bitterness and their victories.
VIDEO Interview of John Johnson and some of his